About the AXF Youth Engagement Program:
The AXF Youth Engagement Program aims to provide the following to students in Grades 8 and above.
- All subject coaching supportAcademic & Vocational guidance(grade 9 to 12) to help them make feasible and realistic career choices.
- Exposure to soft skills and other core employability skills such as Spoken English, Financial & Digital Literacy
- Career opportunities through career-focused programs in collaboration with other partners.
About the Volunteering Opportunity:
We seek volunteers to teach school subjects for grades 8 to 10, Maharashtra Board for the academic year 2021-22. Activity will commence on June 21, 2021 and will end on March 22, 2022
- A volunteer is required to take twice-weekly classes for an hour each with regular testing to ensure the syllabus is completed.
- 5 to 7 students or lesser may be allocated, class timing is mutually decided with the batch of students allotted.
- There is no physical place currently as all sessions are online conducted via WhatsApp, zoom, Google meet, etc.
- Volunteers should be able to teach in vernacular mediums particularly Hindi and Marathi for grades 8 to 10. This would entail using textbooks in English to prepare and the Hindi/Marathi language book for the technical terminologies.
Briefing and training will happen before the commencement of the program and as and when required by the volunteers during the year. Currently the requirement is for 60-70 volunteers.
About Angel Xpress Foundation (AXF):
Angel Xpress Foundation (AXF) recruits and trains volunteers to provide free tutoring, mentoring, and mentoring to school-going children from slums.
In 2019 we were assisting 2200 students with daily lessons with help of 700 volunteers out of 20 free learning centers across Mumbai. In 2020 we went online due to the pandemic and were able to activate 1400 students with the help of 1000 volunteers. This year we hope to teach over 2000 students with help from nearly 1500 volunteers across grades 3 to 12.
Point of Contact: Punita – [email protected] /9821822636