Brief Introduction about the eVidyaloka:
eVidyaloka, a not-for profit social enterprise with a zeal to enable quality education to children in rural government schools to address acute teacher shortage. In our 9+ years of existence, from one school in Tamil Nadu we have graduated to 230+ schools spread across 10 states with 18,000 children taught by 1600+ volunteers spread across 180+ cities across the globe, throughout the year.
Opportunities at eVidyaloka
- Virtual teaching:
eVidyaloka teaching model connects volunteer-teacher to students in a remote village, through online mode and conducts a live, interactive class. Powered by advanced technology and an elaborate syllabus, Volunteer-teachers virtually engage with the children and carry out teaching/demonstrating the planned topics. Volunteer teaches Science/Mathematics/English foundation subjects to class 5th to class 8th students
1) Should have passion and commitment to extend quality education to children in remote villages of India.
2) Should be fluent, able to read and write in any one of the local languages (Kannada, Tamil, Telugu, Bengali, Marathi, Hindi).
3) Should have access to a Desktop/Laptop/Mobile with high speed Internet.
4) Presence of 2 hours per week for 1hr on each day is recommended.
5) Teaching will happen in Govt. school hours i. e. Monday – Friday 10 am – 4pm
- Record Video Capsule
On March 15, 2020, all schools across India were closed due to the COVID19 pandemic and the consequent lockdown. Students from urban schools were able to shift to online classes, but rural children were unable to do so. Keeping this in mind, we are working towards adapting our model to ensure that Rural India continues to Learn. eVidyaloka is trying to bring solution by enabling Teaching through Television, so that students can continue to Learn from Home during this time.
Pre-Requisites for Volunteering to Create Video Capsules
- Volunteers are expected to read, write and communicate in any 1 of the following regional languages; Hindi, Bengali, Telugu, Marathi, Kannada and Tamil
- Volunteers are expected to record 25-30 min video capsules using laptop/computer
- Inclination towards Mathematics and/or Science
- Volunteers are expected to commit a minimum delivery of 2 chapters in 2-3 weeks
- Usage of Fixed teaching tools during recording
- Creating Question Bank & Work Sheet relevant to chapter