Bhumi is happy to announce that our beloved counterpart, Pravah, is now recruiting candidates for its International Citizen Service (ICS). It is an exciting three-month volunteering programme by Pravah and VSO, funded by the UK Government. The programme offers volunteering opportunities to Indian and UK nationals. The volunteers engage with social and developmental issues, to effectively contribute in local communities and to develop personal skills. ICS volunteers leave the programme as better-informed active citizens with new skills for life – and to offer to potential employers.
WHO CAN APPLY?
ICS is open to 18 to 35-year olds regardless of income, qualifications, disability and work history. You must however meet the following criteria if you wish to apply.
As a volunteer:
- Be aged 18 to 25 at the time you take up your placement (you can apply at 17 if you will be 18 by the time you leave)
- Be committed to attending all trainings which you will be supported with throughout
- Be able to stay away from home for 10 to 12 weeks during your placement
- Be committed to sharing your experience with others and taking action in your local community when you return.
- Be willing to challenge yourself, adapt to different situations and work as part of a team.
As a Team Leader:
- Be aged 23 to 35 years of age.
- Be committed to attend and co-facilitate all trainings (with additional trainings for Team Leaders)
- Ability to plan logically and manage a varied workload
- Ability to work flexibly and on your own initiative
- Be willing to challenge yourself, adapt to different situations and lead a team.
- Have some experience of working with young people and teams.
- Be fluent in English and/ or Hindi
You must be willing to complete the Action at Home Project post the placement and as an ICS volunteer/ Team leader you will be asked to submit reflective write-ups, reports as well as adhere to a code of conduct.
As a Pravah ICS volunteer or Team Leader,
- You will volunteer in a rural community in Rajasthan for three months.
- You will be placed in a team of 20 – 22 volunteers (10 from UK and 10 from India) and will live, volunteer and learn together throughout the programme. This team will be supported by Team Leaders (from UK and India) and a Programme Coordinator in that community.
- You will get the opportunity to interact with diverse groups, live and learn about new cultures through volunteering.
- You will spend three months contributing to impactful development projects that tackle important issues of the community.
- You will be required to design and execute an individual Action at Home project in your home community, within six months of returning from the placement.
The programme pays for travel, accommodation, food, medical costs, and a modest allowance for the three months in host community.
When is the program?
Pravah is recruiting for 3 batches in this year now:
- mid October-mid January
How to apply?
Follow the link and download the application package- http://pravah.org/content/ICS
For any query, write to us at [email protected] or call at +91-8586941784.
Send applications to [email protected]
Bhumi wishes the best to all the applicants.
Know more about the exhilarating journey