The Spoken English Course conducted for underprivileged women is a part of the Urban Community Development Program by YWCA of Madras at Poonamalle High Road, Vepery (near Dina Thandhi Office).
The women from diverse background come to attend the course. They come to improve their communication skills to gain self-confidence or become efficient in their respective jobs. Some women wish to help their children with their homework. They are mostly in the age group of 20-40 with varying levels of communication skills.
YWCA needs volunteers to train under-privileged women on Spoken English. The modules to be taught are fun based and easy to follow for any volunteer and can be effectively implemented on the spot.
The volunteer requirement are given below:
- Preferably middle aged or retired men / women who can commit long term
- Volunteering at the YWCA premises on Saturdays
- Volunteers will follow prescribed fun based modules
- To commence work from 16 September 2017 onwards
- Individual may commit for two hours every week or alternate weeks
- Good command over English language to engage the underprivileged women ( 20-40 age group)
Please sign up below to confirm your participation. Volunteers will have to attend the briefing session on September 16th (Saturday) from 10 a.m to 1 p.m at YWCA premises, Poonamalle High Road, Vepery, Near Dina Thandi Office.
For queries, contact – 9952038216
[googleapps domain=”docs” dir=”forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf8WPOnxYR4oY8hRqLfPVvGjhN-y9RW06D8gGMW8VtRuUI1qQ/viewform” query=”embedded=true” width=”760″ height=”1600″ /]