The Akanksha Foundation works with a vision that all children will be equipped with the education, skills and character they need to lead empowered lives.
We believe that a holistic education for all children includes excellence in core academic skills, the development of socio-emotional and 21st century skills and values, active partnership with parents and integration with the community.
The Akanksha School model works within and beyond classrooms to maximize the potential of our children.
As a volunteer in schools in Pune you can devote your time for the following activities:
- Tutor a small group of students
- Conduct comprehension and reading session with the children
- Teach basic Math to weaker students
- Teach phonics to the younger kids
- Make teaching aids
- Help in correction of the assignments
- Carry out research on the topics to be covered in the class
- Take sessions on current affairs/general awareness
Our Volunteer Orientation Sessions are scheduled as follows:
Every Thursday at 4 pm, if the volunteer count is above 15 then it could be conducted on any other day from Monday to Friday.
Address: The Akanksha Foundation, New Thermax House, Next to Sai Chambers, Wakdewadi, Pune-411003.
A detailed orientation would be provided to the volunteers about the cause, nature of work etc.