Gramya Manthan is a 10-day rural immersion journey with 30 passionate change agents to remote villages of our country. The 8th edition of the program will be happening in villages near Kutch, Gujarat from 22nd – 31st December 2017 hosted by Youth Alliance and is in collaboration with Sabarmati Ashram Trust and ESI, Sughad.
The program aims at developing a deeper awareness of ourselves and the world around us by following our curiosity and discovering new understanding by creating a space to learn, to observe and engage with the diverse realities of our world.
The idea is also to bring ourselves into a rhythm with the surprisingly complex realities and wisdom of rural life, allowing ourselves a platform to begin to think more holistically and to challenge our preconceived notions about Indian rural communities.
Process of Gramya Manthan
Gramya Manthan is rooted in the timeless principles of the circle.
The facilitators co-create a space for each participant to express her/his unique self as we learn together. Learning happens in three ways:
• We learn from each other
• We learn with each other
• We learn from our own self in the company of each other
To be part of 2017 Winter Edition cohort:
Travel & Accommodation
• Food, stay and all other mandatory requirements during the program will be taken care of
• Participants will have to reach Ahmedabad city by Day 0 night or early morning on Day 1
• Pick and drop facility will be available at the Ahmedabad railway station on specific timings
• Program is open to both Indian and International applicants.
• Participants in the age group of 18-30 years will be preferred. Applicants below or beyond these age limits will be duly considered on case-to-case basis