The DaanUtsav Fellowship is an opportunity for young professionals to create significant social change. The Fellowship, hosted by iVolunteer, will enable 1 person in each of 9 cities across India, to reach out to and mobilise hundreds of thousands of citizens to give, and to experience the joy in doing so. In doing so, fellows will build a lot of hard and soft skills, develop fabulous relationships, grow in confidence, and get in touch with their inner selves. Above all, the Fellowship will help each of them experience the exhilarating joy in giving of oneself to society!
The Fellowship programme is a 6 month, full-time commitment from April 29 to October 28, 2015 and is offered to 1 Fellow each in Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Pune, Ahmedabad and Bhubaneswar.
Each fellow will be assigned a Mentor, who is a DaanUtsav volunteer himself/herself, and will work from the offices of iVolunteer, or the Mentor’s organization, or in a local nonprofit organization. Fellows will be offered a stipend of Rs15,000 per month, and an additional reimbursement of Rs3,000 per month towards local conveyance, telephone and other expenses. Fellows will travel outside their cities for 3-5 days a month, for national orientation, trainings and reviews, a few field visits to surrounding towns and rural areas as part of their work. All such outstation travel expenses will be fully reimbursed, and Mentors will ensure that such travel is safe for the Fellow.
The Fellow’s main role will be to
- Assist volunteers in the city in helping scale up DaanUtsav participation
- Conceptualise, design and implement public events and activity ideas for mass participation in the festival
- Meet several new organisations/institutions and previous participants, and engage them in DaanUtsav celebrations. This includes corporates (CEOs, CXOs, HR & CSR heads and managers), schools and colleges (Principals and senior teachers), senior Government officials (senior police & municipal corporation officers, senior executives in Govt enterprises, Secretaries, Directors of Govt departments)
- Compile/ create with help from professional designers, suitable collateral for use- presentations, mailers, documents
- Schedule and help organize volunteer meets, including logistics, keep minutes and follow up on the tasks agreed by volunteers in each city
- Post updates on website, social media and co-ordinate with local media where required
- Any other tasks that come up from time to time
We are looking for outstanding individuals who are
- A graduate or post graduate from a reputed college, with stellar academic and extra-curricular credentials
- An extroverted person who likes going out and meeting people
- Very comfortable using email, computers
- Fluent in English and the local language of the city s/he will be based in
- Passionate about creating change and excited by the idea of DaanUtsav
Last date to Apply is March 5, 2015