Chennai Trekking Club – Ainthinai team has created a perfect eco system with Support from Tamil Nadu Forest dept around the Ayyangarkulam lake by planting 250+ saplings and maintaining them with the efforts of local village folks. Two weeks ago HP with help of Tamil Nadu Forest dept have plabted 900 saplings. Those saplings need to be protected from grazing. On September 15th, around 25 volunteers from CTC manured for over 100 saplings and set up Tree guards. Remaining saplings need our help for further growth.
When & Where : Ayyangarkulam ,Kancheepuram
20th Sep 2014 – Night camping at Lake (Optional)
21th Sep 2014 : Plantation and maintenance : 06:00 am to 11:00 am
Agenda: Day – I Saturday (Optional)
1) Leaving from chennai by 4pm
2) Reach Kancheepuram by 6pm
3) Walk around the villages,lake,temple and camp at the lake
Day -II Sunday | 06:00 am to 11:00 am
1) Mulching,Watering,Setting up Tree guards
2) Visit some ancient monuments nearby and Leave for Chennai by 12 pm with satisfied heart 🙂
Selection criteria: All are welcome
Cost and Transport: Rs 70 for food.
Transport cost will be shared by volunteers based on the pooling (car, bike or Bus)
CTC will arrange for pooling
1) Comfortable Clothing, Shoes/Sandals.
2) Reusable, Filled Water Bottles.
3) Cap, Sun Screen, Camera- if required.
4) Blanket for the night stay
-> “The event is not organised by volunteers.org or Bhumi”
-> “Participants must read and sign CTC event disclaimer”
-> “CTC is a non-profit group and accounts will be shared transparently with all participants”
-> “Participants who engage in irresponsible, disrespectful or unsafe behavior will be blacklisted from future CTC events”
-> “Feedback or complaint from any CTC member on the group, event, organizer, safety or accounts can be raised to the [email protected]”